Saturday, January 5, 2013

Super Long Update 2013

Happy New Year! 2013!

It's been a while since I played AWL or any of the other games in the Harvest Moon series.

If you're still a follower and have been wondering if I'll make more Harvest Moon videos any time soon and updating my blog with AWL stuff, Sorry; I can no longer do that anymore... The time I was most active was about 5 years ago, when I was in middle school and had all the time in the world. I wish time would stop then, but it didn't. Now I'm under a lot of time constraints and I have to be more productive with my time..
However, Harvest Moon feels so nostalgic right now...I missed it so much that I am going back to it and playing my most favorite Harvest Moon game of all time, Friends of Mineral Town, hands down, the game that started my addiction with HM.

I won't be playing any other game and would only concentrate on FoMT right now.. B/c I don't have a TV in my college dorm right now, I can't play home console  games...totally sucks. I brought my whole Harvest Moon collection to college. And now it just sits in my closet collecting dust.

How about Tale of Twin Towns? Grand Bazaar? Sorry, I gave it a chance but it failed on me. They were the most, MOST tedious, boring as hell, one-dimensional, you name it...I couldn't go past the first month in HM time. Somehow I feel the newer HM releases don't have the same feel as past HM games... However, I'm still open-minded about them and I might buy the upcoming ones someday.


This time I've decided to play the original Japanese version of HM games only... So I could learn a great deal of vocabulary and colloquial expressions from it. I am now learning the Japanese language, a very time-consuming hobby that completely replaced my former hobby of playing rpg games like Animal Crossing, Sims, HM...you get the picture.

One of the greatest motivators that actually brought me to playing the FoMT Japanese version is that this game is so in-depth that I could learn a lot from it. It could help improve my Kanji reading skills. And since the majority of the characters speak casually, I could learn more than just textbook Japanese, which people my age don't even regularly use that much. I'll see how effective this odd idea would turn out when I have the opportunity to study abroad in Japan next school year. My only option is Tokyo...but my mind is on Miyazaki-ken, the prefecture where the Harvest Moon creator, Yasuhiro Wada, was from. (He said that the countryside of Kyushu, where he was raised throughout his childhood years, inspired him to create the Harvest Moon series.) So a few months before I study abroad in Tokyo, I will spend my winter-break WWOOFing (google it if you want an explanation) in Miyaki-ken at a farm inside a small, rural town. This has always been on my bucket list

If anyone who is like me, an HM fanatic who also happens to be learning Japanese, I will write a mini walkthrough on a different page. The way I will organize it is still vague, but right now I will write down what Japanese words mentioned in FoMT that you need to know in order to understand and enjoy Friends of Mineral Town (JP).

6 comments:

  1. I just re-start to play Harvest Moon Back to Nature.
    I was addicted to this, and now I'm addicted again... hahahhaa....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna play Harvest Moon Animal Parade... <3 How can I find?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have many waste of time for searching the good link...

    However I hv downloaded... Everytime i meeting with errors...
    Somehow ... I will still search for them <3 :)
    I hv Dolphin emulator but I cant download full size of iso... maybe cuz of bad connections...
    I really wanna play Many Harvest Moon.
    I hv played FoMT , MFomt, and Back TO Nature of boy and girl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Joan, ended up on your blog as an ex-Harvest Moon fan. It's really a really nice one, you can feel the passion ! (I was actually searching for a relaxing music to work, and the internet being what it is, here I am).
    I'm also learning Japanese and I think it's a wonderful idea to play a game in the language you're learning. I actually learned English using HM:AWL (since it wasn't translated in French).
    I'm a bit curious, how is your life and your Japanese study since then ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, i just saw your blog was looking for a website that provide download iso games for ps2. i was looking for harvest moon a wonderful life special edition. do you have any idea which website that I can download this game? mostly i try different websites for downloading harvest moon a wonderful life special edition. yet, mostly does not work at my pcsx2 :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Joan! I was watching some of your videos and clicked here for some reasion, pretty good taste of games you have (thats because I love these simulation type of games too)! Btw can you send me the link of the translation of the HM in Japanese to english please? My dream is to go to Japan too (GMTA). If you read it answer I'll be very pleased for receiving your answer! Great studies!!

    ReplyDelete